Return of the Star God.

My Necron need something big and after my Blog on the C’tan’s, I thought I would do something Special. I have always loved the K’daai Fireborn and this was my chance. I have never used Warhammer Forge bits so I was very excited. I hope to give you an idea as to how I do this.


Now I always deal with all forgeworld stuff the same way. After checking all the stuff is in the Box, I wash them out in warm soapy water. And then rinse off in cold water. I then cut off the excess and prep the models in the normal way.

After that I need the extra bits. To convert these Chaos Dwarf models into necrons I needed some 40k bits. I have loads of bits left over and my plan simple. The Head needed swapping out and the arms needed some weaponizing. This kit comes in a squad of 3. I wanted each to have a different look, so one would have 2 weapon arms, one would have a larger gun and the last would be all about the Claws.

I will focus on the 2 gun shard for now, but the other 2 are well on the way.

Parts List

1 K’daai Fire Born

2 Tesla Carbine

1 Old Metal Tomb Spider headImage

I started off with the head. I stripped of the Resign head. I trimmed it down with a knife and then I used my Multi tool to carve it out. I then had my chance to try out the Metal insect head. It really did not work, but Plan B was always to try it with a Necron Immortal Head. This looked ok, while a tad small it made him look more like a slave.


ImageI then used a bit of green stuff to sculpt up the flames. Now I am not a good sculptor, but these where quite easy.


Next up the arms,

I cut the Arms off just above the Greaves, taking care not to damage the delicate shoulder pad. Sadly, I managed to damage the shoulder spikes. I trimmed them down and shaped them to be less ‘chaosy’

Now again I attached these and it looked ok, but not a monster, I rummaged around for some blades, I noticed that under the Gauss Blaster was a small cutting blade. As I had 10 of these, I had plenty to play with. To give it gaming strength I needed to pin these. This was a mammoth task. Drilling in to these was very hard and I ended up damaging 4, but I still managed it to pull it together in the end.


With 4 blades on each ‘hand’ I finally had the Look I wanted!


Painting Wise, I wanted to go with my regular Green and bone, with Bronze accents, I soon end up with more brass and I think the overall look was great.

So thats my Necron Shard. I have 2 more to paint and tomorrow I will be trying in battle. i will do a Blog on the battle and i will let you know how it gets on.

Till then see you across the Battle table.


So the Old Warhorse Arrives

Hi All,

Following my time on Tumblr, Its time for a WordPress Blog. So here I am. I hope this blog will be of interest to all the Warmongers out there and I will make this the Home of my new Projects. I will still use Twitter as my primary tool to share my work, but here you will find a library of pics, posts and my random thoughts on the Hobby and my Games.