The rise of albion- a 40k campaign

Me and a good friend, Lee have talked about a campaign for ages and we are finally getting around to it. Fought between his imperial guard and my skitarii force, our aim is for 6 games culminating at a 10k game at warhammer world. 

Game 1 is a small 500pts game, then each game escalates.  The winner of each came can stipulate the following game. It’s collaborative process with the game more important than the winner.

The plot of our story is a simple one. The once prosperous agricultural world of albion has hit hard times. A calamity damaged a lot of the farm land making it inhospitable.  The ‘dead zone’ has something living in it. The once loyal guard regiment has found a new ally to help the world survive.

Who are they? Did they cause the calamity? Why is the inquisition suddenly intersted? 

Also on the planet is a small number of skitarii who are protecting the admech priests that tend the massive farm machinery.  Who side are they on and will there links to the Ultramarines be needed?

So that is our campaign.  We both have busy lives, so the games will be spaced out. I am growing my army over the year and lee is working on his new ‘allies’

As we progress I am adding new scenary to my collection as well. I have a pump station, church,  macro cannon and sector imparilis to paint up. Each battle will be closer (and more built up) as the fighting gets close to cities.

I’ll be blogging on each game with Lee and I adding background to the armies and planet as we go.

Till then watch the dead zones, something is lurking. 

Advertisements

Project Gladius build blog 3-Winging it

Back on to the Build of Project Gladius.  Today I need to mount the Wings ans the Ailerons. The wings are big, heavy solid bits of Resin.  I have decided to pin them to increase its strength. They have 2 lugs underneath that sit into the reciprocal groves on the Lower fuselage.  The lower engine cowling meets the body in 2 cut out parts of the lower fuselage. Sadly both wings appear to have shrunk a bit and no longer fitted in to these cuts. I had to trim both to make them fit and used the Lugs as a guide.  

20140214_18582320140218_193556

Once this was done I drilled a 3mm hole in the Fuselage each side using the hole for the Stand as a guide. I wanted the Support pinning to become the end stop for the base. For the Pinning I used 3mm brass tubing, proving that everything on this kit is bigger! This was a simple task, but I had to use a cordless drill to drill the matching holes on the Wings. To make the lining up easier I fitted one wing in place and the used the end of the rod to make up the point to drill. To do this I threaded the rod through the fuselage to help line it all up. I took a while triple checking the alignment of the Lugs, wings and fuselage. They do say measure twice and Drill once and this is a good case to prove this point.

20140218_193631

20140218_193805 20140218_193817 20140218_193821

Once drilled I hit a snag in that the fuselage has these end plates that cover the mounting point and the wings have to be mounted at a slight angle to get it past these. It took a while to do this with the Brass rod in place, but I managed it. The wings have shrunk a bit and these will need to be filled with Green to get a solid look. I have not glued the wings yet as I think it will make painting the interior better. At 17” wide, they will get in the way whilst painting.

20140219_182243 20140219_183147

To finish off the wings I cleaned and mounted the Ailerons. This was simple task. Each wing has 2 sets. As this went so well, I knocked the Tail together as well. This was easy and needed very little work.  the Next task for the wing is the hard points for the Missiles, but I am still pondering on magnetizing the Missiles so I will leave these for a while. I might get some FW bombs in the near future to give me the Full list of options. I will do all the guns as a side project later.