The head is in 2 parts. Top armour and the rest. The rest is in several parts assambled using super glue very little weight sits on this part so normal glue is fine. I pinned the the neck joint for extra strength.
The top armour was painted the same as the rest of the armour, but I had found a nice image of true messengers titans with bisected head colour so I went blue and white for the head. The symmetrical pattern is a standard design on imperial titans so it’s a nod to the old classic design.
The head itself is single blocky part with 1 panel glued on. To this are 4 pipes and the crew. They 3 crew were treated as individual models for painting. The rest of the head was easy to paint.
The ‘eyes’ (multiple lense clusters’) are awesome parts. I really enjoyed painting these. In the kit is a perspex sheet to make the covers. I have never seen a reaver that has used these and I did not break a tradition.
Once painted the crew were glued in and then I jb welded the neck in place.
The head adds so much to the model, the extra time spent paining it added to over all look.
Once done it was on to the mighty techpreist. This is a great model this is almost totally hidden. But I did it anyway! Build wise, the techpreist is really fiddly. The arms are very fine with a small joint. The are so thin they bend while being painted. He was painted in the colours of my skitarii force from forgeworld world Gantz, home of my titan legion. My aim is to build a small force of admec to support the titan and for an up coming campaign.
Next up the weapons.